Elizabeth is a barrister with considerable experience in family law, as well as commercial litigation and contract disputes.
Elizabeth was admitted as a solicitor in December 1993. Prior to being called to the Bar in September 2020, Elizabeth gained extensive experience initially in specialist shipping and international trade commercial litigation and then in family law, across a career as a solicitor of almost 20 years.
Elizabeth’s practice at the Bar is primarily in family law, where she regularly appears in the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia, in interim and final hearings. Elizabeth provides assistance to Sunsolis Legal in family law matters from the early stage of proceedings, when necessary providing advice regarding document preparation and litigation strategy, as well as appearing at mentions and interim and final hearings.
- Bachelor of Economics, Bachelor of Laws – Macquarie University, 1993
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – University of Technology, Sydney, 1993
- Collaborative Practice Short Course – University of Technology, Sydney, 2008
- Independent Children’s Lawyers National Training Program – Law Council of Australia Family Law Section, 2011
- Mediation Style Conference Program – Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators & Mediators, 2012
- Graduate Diploma of Counselling – Jansen Newman Institute, 2012
- Family Law Interim Hearings Dos and Don’ts – Legalwise CLE seminar, Nov 2022
- Maintaining Strong Mental Health for a Family Law Practice – Legalwise CLE seminar, Mar 2022
- Family Law & Bankruptcy – Dealing with Assets in an Insolvent Estate – Presented jointly with Jim Johnson, Barrister, Frederick Jordan Chambers, Legalwise CLE seminar, Nov 2021
- Family Law & Insolvency – Dealing with the Liquidator & Trustee in Bankruptcy – Presented jointly with Jim Johnson, Barrister, Frederick Jordan Chambers, Legalwise CLE seminar, June 2021
- Contract Termination Disputes –Legalwise CLE seminar, Feb 2021
- Taking Responsibility for One’s Mental Health –Law Society of NSW Social Club presentation, Oct 2017